The synonym feature helps to display other similar products with the searched queries by defining synonyms with those queries.
Steps to manage
- From the app’s dashboard, click on the Synonym under the Search topic.
- Click on the Add Synonym button.
- The Add Synonym window will appear.
- On the Queries field, enter the list of keywords you want to assign.
- On the Relationship dropdown, select a suitable relationship for this keyword.
- On the Synonyms field, add the list of words you want to become synonyms with the queries.
- Click Save to finish.
You should choose this relationship in this case: When your customers search for the items of bikini, you also want to display more products called swimsuits, beachwear, and vice versa.
You should choose this relationship in this case: A search for a tablet will also find the iPad Pro, Samsung galaxy tab, and Microsoft surface pro. However, you wouldn’t want iPad Pro showing up when someone searches the Samsung galaxy tab or Microsoft surface pro!