A filter list always contains a “default filter” after installing the app successfully. The filter tree will display on all collections pages by default.
This article will guide you on how to create and manage a new filter tree.
Create a filter
Step 1: Create filter information
In the app’s dashboard, admin clicks on the Add Filter button to create a new filter.
- Filter name: the name is easier to discern other filters for example: Filter for Shoes, Filter for Clothing
- Collections that use this filter: You can choose any collections that the new filter should be applied.
Step 2: Edit filter options
All available filter options will be shown up at the Filter options.
You can edit each option directly in its row.
- Enable: Choose Yes/No to enable/disable this filter option.
- Label: Enter the filter option name.
- Filter style: Select a style for this filter option. This app provides 4 filter styles: checkbox, radio, swatch, and swatch-text.
+ Checkbox style:
+ Radio style:
+ Swatch style:
+ Swatch-text style:
Step 3: Change the order of filter options (Optional)
Admin drag & drop a filter option to any positions in the table to change its order in the Filter options list.
Step 4: Complete
Admin clicks on the Save button to complete creating this new filter.
Disable a filter
You can Disable a filter by pressing No on the filter row.