This feature is helpful if you want to set up this app carefully on an unpublished theme before publishing it.
Create theme backup
The app will apply a few changes to your theme. Before integrating our app to your Shopify theme, we strongly recommend you create a theme’s backup. The steps to create a backup are as follows.
- From your Shopify admin panel, go to Themes.
- In the Actions button, select the Duplicate option.
- Shopify will generate a copied theme automatically. It is the backup of your current one!
Integrate app to theme
If you do want to test the app functionalities before publishing, you should select an unpublish theme to apply the app. You should not choose the current LIVE theme in this case.
- In the app’s left sidebar, click on Theme Setup.
- Go to the Select Theme section.
- From the Select a theme to apply app dropdown, choose a theme to integrate into this app.
- Click the Install button to finish.
After this step, you are supposed to: