On the Shopify registration form, if the customers have the same phone number which has been already registered as Customer in Shopify, there will show up the error message of “phone – has already been taken“ while they fill out the form.
That is the reason why most customers could not be able to submit the form on the site.
In order to avoid this situation from occurring on your form, here is our suggestion for you to use the app function to allow the existing customers to keep submitting the form.
- From the admin app, click on ” Form” tab, select any particular form that you want to configure
- On the form page, click Settings > Click Integration
- Click Shopify >Enable the checkbox of Create Shopify customer
- There will be 3 options for you as the image below. Here is the option we suggest you should choose:
- Continue and ignore the error: This will allow customers to submit the form even if the phone number matches the existing data, but it will not create new customers or update the customer information in Shopify Customers, just simply submit the form.
5. Click ” Save” to update the form
6. Test the result once again in the front-end site of your store
In case this issue still persists on the site, please contact us via this email address email@example.com and leave us more details of your case